Gizmo Client may fail to detect and/or connect to the server for a number of reasons. In order to resolve the issue check the following:
1. Verify your licenses are valid. If your subscription has expired, clients will not connect to Gizmo server
3. If this is a new client, verify that Gizmo server is configured to accept new connections.
- Registered only must be Unchecked
- Enable client auto-discovery must be Checked
4. Make sure that the windows firewall on both server and client is not blocking communication.
Disable windows firewall and restart client.
Disabling the Windows 8 or 10 firewall
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- If the Windows Firewall is enabled, the Windows Firewall state will be On. To turn it off, in the left navigation pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- In the Customize Settings window, select Turn off Windows Firewall and click OK.
If the client still fails to connect, force the client to connect to the server's IP address.
- If gizmo client is running, uninstall client before next step.
- Right click - edit the gizmo client icon on the desktop.
- Add the following at the end of the shortcut's target: "connect server_ip_address"
- Press ok and launch the shortcut
If the shortcut is not on the Desktop:
Press windows key + R
Enter the path to gizmoclient.exe followed by: "connect server_ip_address"